Herbert T. Clark – Congregate
Nestled between two community gardens, the Herbert T. Clark House is a multi-unit rental housing complex located on a lovely, quiet cul-de-sac. Just moments from central Glastonbury, residents enjoy the convenience of nearby shopping, restaurants, banking, the nationally accredited Glastonbury Senior Center, and numerous places of worship.
The Herbert T Clark House Congregate housing is a community that provides an environment for the elderly to continue to be independent but also feel comforted knowing help is close by if needed. Our congregate housing provides senior residence with private living arrangements as well as moderate support services. With 45 private units available, congregate communities furnish at least one daily meal, housekeeping services, and a variety of social and recreational activities. Residents are mostly self-sufficient but need a few services to help them live independently and our communities are designed to help them do just that.
- Newly renovated spacious 1-bedroom apartments with kitchen, walk-in shower, and walk-in closets
- Secure entry and 24-hour staffing
- Individually controlled heating and cooling
- Premier culinary services provided in the lunch time meal (1 meal; the lunch meal included in monthly charges)
- Scheduled transportation service (Dial-A-Ride)
- Weekly housekeeping
- Recreational and educational programs
- Professional on-site management
- Resident service coordinator
- Newly renovated dining room, foyer sitting area, library and resident lounge, and recreation room
- On-site laundry facilities
- Beautifully landscaped grounds, walking paths, outdoor sitting area
- Optional Services (fees apply)
- Meal plan (option to purchase breakfast and/or dinner)
- Prescription delivery
- On-site beauty services
- Professional assisted living services agency
Rent & Eligibility
Applicants must be age 62 or older and the household income must be equal to or less than 80% of the area median income. As of May 15, 2023, the maximum income limits for housing in Herbert T. Clark - Congregate are as follows based upon household size:
Monthly rental fees are based on income and the availability of state subsidies.
Individuals must meet certain requirements to qualify for affordable housing in Glastonbury, CT.
Visit our Applications page to learn more about eligibility criteria and start the application process.
Samples of available floor plans.